Thursday, February 17, 2011

Some 15mm Galatan characters

I've just posted at my painting blog a couple of pictures on my recently first finished 15mm individual characters. To be honest, I'm far from being sure what are these miniatures going to be useful for -but I loved painting them, so that here they are! The female figures at each side are from the Peter Pig's Caribbean Pirates range, originally intended to depict female pirates. I've customized both a little bit by addition of a tricorne hat, also from Peter Pig. The one at the left has been painted as if belonging to Lady Elisenda Folc de Cardona's own regiment -while the status of the other one keeps to be quite ambiguous, in spite of the added headgear...

The three miniatures in the middle are from Blue Moon, and might represent almost any outstanding character of my Imagi-Nation -or any of their friends & foes... Maybe a King & Emperor in his youth along with His recently married wife -or a tight-close Galatan friend perhaps? As for the peasant girl, who knows?

Sorry that, unlike my Imagi-Nation's own site, the painting blog itself is not in English!

4 comments:

abdul666 said...

As a rule I'm not a great fan of 15mm, but you did marvels with these.

Elsewhere you complained that 15mm gamers don't enjoy as wide a choice of minis a 28mm ones, specially regarding 18th C. ladies. For me I complain that Peter Pig ans specially Blue Moon don't pantograph up their 15mm Pirates ranges!

To be totally frank, I have to confess that my bias against 15mm may come partly from the fact that, when I had painted hundreds of 25mm for WRG 6th, wargaming began to become popular in France and all 'newbies' choose 15mm (& DBM)....

Soldadets said...

I can easily imagine your deception, Jean-Louis -for I likely was one of the vectors of switching-size-to-15-trend...

I started wargaming some 20 years ago. These were the years when 15mm overcame 25mm in the Peninsula, following WRG 7th -this is the first ruleset I had a taste of, with my brand new 15mm Hoplite Greek army!

Principe dell'Estria said...

who needs a reason to paint personality figures? If nothing else, they will look good on the table! (and these will definitely look good on your table).

And if they can be part of the scenario now and then, all the better. Perhaps they can be evacuated from a beseiged town or estate?

btw I don't know how many options you have for 15mm civilians, but I suspect my chosen scale and medium (1/72 plastic) offers even fewer.

Soldadets said...

Principe dell'Estria, I'm afraid there's little difference between both scales at this particular matter.

Are you using metal figures only? If you wouldn't bother using plastics too, there are a few of these that might help you: Plastic Soldier Review. Especially one of the Strelets' Northern War sets, that one about the Court of Czar Peter I... although you might already know these fairly well.