Sunday, February 10, 2008

A copy of letter sent to the Courts of Europa

To the Crowned ( and otherwise ) Heads of States of Europa,
I send greeting from the Isles of Shetland. I write to you as Von Olsen- a former officer in the army of Tradgardland and now ruler of the Frei Stadt Shetland. I write as one wronged greviously by Duke Karl Frederick and his accusations of treason which I deny now as before. Pushed to the edge of extreme melancoly by such lies I have no choice but to remove myself and my men from the Duchy. From this day we stand alone against lies and decit. I ask for recognition from you my fellow head of states and allies in my struggle against Tradgardland. I await your reply. As my guest I have the Duke's daughter who will remain with me for the foreseeable future.I guarentee her safety here with me.May God defend me and my enterprise!
Von Olsen
Frei Stadt Shetland
10th February 1758

5 comments:

abdul666 said...

Surprise!

Fitz-Badger said...

Well, that explains the reactions reported recently in Tradgardland!

Anonymous said...

His grace Herzog Ignaz fears that if the intrepid von Olsen is given time to win over the local gentry, Tradgardland faces the grim prospect of taking the field in defence of the Duke's rights against the fearsome Shetland Cuirassiers.

The horror...the horror.

MurdocK said...

Somehow I think that the 'frei stadt' is going to depend on the graces of the Royal Navy for continued existence...

abdul666 said...

Is Von Olsen a puupet of one Colonel Lawrence?